Friday, August 21, 2009

Blueberry Chocolate Smoothie

I made a delicious smoothie today. The base was organic, unfiltered blueberry juice, to which I added frozen pineapple and blueberries and a banana. Yum. A smoothie would be perfect just like that, but no...I then added a heaping teaspoon of organic cacao powder (sooooo good for you) and a teaspoon of raw honey (ditto). The end result was a chocolate-blueberry smoothie, delightfully tasting and truly healthy.

What a great way to start the morning! Next time I make it, I'll take a picture and note the amounts so I can include it here as a recipe. Though it's really about eyeballing it and adjusting to your personal tastes.

I also think I'll substitute the blueberry juice base with something like almond milk, which should make the smoothie more creamy, like a shake.

3 comments:

Creature SH said...

Adding anything almond is never a mistake.

G. Sinter said...

OMG almond milk. OMG RAW CACAO. I eat raw cacao nibs straight, now. So good.

Crys said...

i eat the nibs too. i have a mix with brazil nuts and then just straight cacao nibs. god it's so good!

MAYBE YOU NEED TO DO RAW WITH ME.

why'd you quit?