Found this smoothie recipe online and it looks quite good. Lots goes into it, obviously, and perhaps I wouldn't use all ingredients, but man, tons of power nutrients listed here.
I'm going to try it, and am posting it here for my own records.
Start off with half an inch of water and put it into your vitamix.
- Spoon of raw and organic honey
- Spoon of raw/organic coconut oil
- Pinch of organic sea salt
- Handful of organic cashews or organic brazil nuts
- Two squirts of vanilla stevia
Blend on high until silky smooth. Now you have your base!
- Half a cup of Organic Frozen Berries (or fresh berries like strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, etc.)
- 1.5 - 2 cups Coconut water or some kind of nut milk (I prefer coconut water, but I do use nut milk sometimes. Such as vanilla almond milk or hemp milk)
- 2 to 3 (or more :)) big tablespoons of Cacao Powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of Goji Berry Extract powder
- Handful of Goji Berries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of some kind of seeds (I like Chia seeds the best. But you can use flax seeds)
- 1 - 3 scoops of SunWarrior Protein
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of tocotrienols
- 1-2 tablespoons of SunWarrior activated barley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of maca extreme (be careful! :))
- 1 -2 tablespoons of The Sun is Shining (or spirulina)
- 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter (optional)
Blend that all up until smooth and enjoy!
You can basically mix and match ANYTHING you want and be okay. The more you put, the thicker the smoothie will be. As you start making more of them and watching what you put everyday, you’ll get a good idea of what works for you. There is so much you can put into smoothies its incredible. Like I said, once you have your base, you can dump stuff in and it’ll still taste good! The ingredients above are just some of the things I put in my smoothies. Some days I put other stuff and substitute. All depends on what you feel like.
The best part is, they taste GREAT and they make you feel GREAT.